PhD Candidate for Degree
Graduate Student in Computer Science
University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
1420 Austin Bluffs Parkway
Colorado Springs, CO 80918
Having passed my oral Qualifying exam in April, I am now candidate for Degree, PhD in Computer Science.
I am pursuing a PhD in Computer Science at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs under the Direction of Dr. Rory Lewis. I am studying Common Sense in Artificial intelligence and Neuroscience. My Phd Topic is Synthesizing the Connectome Development from the infantile human brain in a machine.
My hypothesis is if said synthesis in the machine emulates the connectome development properly then the machine will have also instantiated the first step towards autonomous machine common sense growth.
2019-2022 Graduate Teaching Assistant
2008-2019 Mathematics Tutor
BA Mathematics and Computer Science, San Jose State University, CA
MSc Mathematics, University of Colorado at Colorado Spring, CO
MSc Computer Science, University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, CO
5. M. Bihn, R. Lewis. “Synthesis of Neonate Connectomes for Artificial Sentience and Common Sense”.The 6th International Conference on Neuroscience and Cognitive Brain Information, (BRAININFO 2021). July 18th – 22nd Nice, France, 2021.
4. Bihn, Michael, Manuel Gunther, Daniel Lemmond, and Terry Boult. "Evaluating a Convolutional Neural Network on Short-Wave Infra-Red Images." In 2018 IEEE Winter Applications of Computer Vision Workshops (WACVW), pp. 18-27. IEEE, 2018.
3. Lewis, Rory, and Michael Bihn. "Cerebral Vasospasm Decision Support System for Neurosurgeons." In 2017 International Conference on Computational Science and Computational Intelligence (CSCI), pp. 779-781. IEEE, 2017.
2. Lewis, Rory, and Michael Bihn. "Artificial Intelligent Agent for Autonomous Prediction and Dynamic Feedback for High Performance Athletes." In 2017 International Conference on Computational Science and Computational Intelligence (CSCI), pp. 755-759. IEEE, 2017.
1. Lewis, Rory, Michael Bihn, and Chad Mello. "Machine intelligence: The neuroscience of chordal semantics and its association with emotion constructs and social demographics." In International Symposium on Methodologies for Intelligent Systems, pp. 290-299. Springer, Cham, 2015.
2003-2005 Engineer/Scientist 5 Colorado Springs, CO C2BMC Test Support
2000-2003 Engineer/Scientist 4 Colorado Springs, CO Ground Test Support
1997-2000 Engineer/Scientist 3 Colorado Springs, CO Air Missile Defense Analysis
1993 - 1997 Senior Member of the Technical Staff Warner Robins, GA F-15 Avionics Test Station
1987 - 1993 Member of the Technical Staff Huntsville, AL Patriot Missile and NASA Support